Wednesday, March 27, 2013

38 hours

Did I mention it will take me over 38 hours to get home? The air travel on this trip is an adventure in and of itself!

Not much to write today, except I was checking my seats on the plane and if I get what is booked, I have window seats both to and from Healthrow. (I go Saint John-Halifax-London-Bangkok-Kathmandu). That I like. Unfortunately, there is no guarantee that what is booked is the seat I get, so I just have to wait and see. Maybe something great will happen and I'll be forced up to a better seat class and it will be like in the movies, but I'm not holding my breath. (I sure hope I don't have to hold my breath on the plane-who knows what my seat mates will be like!)

I love flying, I think airplanes are amazing. The idea of a giant metal tube of machinery, luggage and people can fly through the air safely and efficiently. Incredible!

I have never flown on a 777, and I get to on this trip. I get to try airline meals multiple times each direction, (is that a good thing?) and have ample time at each layover to find my next connection without being stuck overnight.

Only problem I see is how do I bring everything I want to with only a 1 bag limit? 50 pounds adds up when you want to bring text books! So I am trying to figure out light weight school supplies, English grammar books and math/science reference books that I can bring. I only plan on bringing a small amount of personal items: a few long skirts, some t shirts, a sweater and a pair of jeans, plus toiletries and my netbook (hopefully-fingers crossed it can be fixed!) What with a carry on, I should be able to bring my things plus a good amount of school and hygiene supplies.

I am so excited to fly! No matter what, I try to stay positive when taking a trip. And if all else fails, I can pop a sleeping pill and zone out until we land.

Enough about the flights. Let me leave you with a glimpse of the world of the Koseli  students. Here is a gallery of photos taken while Lens On Life helped create the video that inspired this entire trip.

Namaste, friends.

Laura

My gofundme page
Koseli school


No comments:

Post a Comment