Wednesday, May 29, 2013

11 hours for 67 days

A little confusing? I'm just excited. I have 11 hours until my plane leaves. When my plane leaves, I'll be gone for 67 days. 67 days without my own bed, my own language, my own food, etc etc etc. No, I'm not whining. I'm quite enthusiastic to go. I don't mind missing out on my bed, on stretching my comfort zone. That's the point. To change me, my life.

And you don't get to change things without getting a little uncomfortable. Or a lot uncomfortable.

On Saturday (May 24th) my mother held a little get together to wish me luck at our nearby summer camp. It was a lot of fun, if not quite wet. It rained and rained, but still friends of the family stopped by to support me. Some even with donations! What a surprise. A very appreciated surprise.

So my suitcase is mostly packed (yes, I know it's getting late), I need to pack up my carry on and my large-ish purse. I am so last minute I am even waiting for the final load of laundry before I go. Why do I leave so much to the last minute?

I am so excited, and yet I am also scared. It seems natural, when embarking on something to very new to be nervous or scared. I just won't let that fear win. "Screw you, fear, I'm in charge here!" (I hear that in my best Liz Lemon voice). So even tho I have to force myself not to be snippy as the time for departure arrives, I am anxious in the best possible way. I just want to get this started!

I am going to miss everyone very much. I am sorry to the people I wanted to visit before I go, things just got crazy! I promise to update with pictures and adventures as often as possible. Leave comments here, message me on facebook, tweet me, or even email me at my school account (z5b46 followed by @unb.ca, don't want to leave a searchable email on here for the bots!)

Namaste,

Laura Gordon

And please, keep sharing my story! My gofundme page will still be accepting donations. Anything I don't use I will be donating to the Koseli School when I leave. You can also donate directly to them via their website.

No comments:

Post a Comment