Monday, July 22, 2013

A moment of joy- coming home!

So I am sitting on the plane, and suddenly, while Harry Potter was playing, I had to pause and check the map... Lo and behold, we were just flying over Labrador, about to cross onto Quebec space. And I almost cried. So joyful, I am home! I mean, I'm not back in Saint John yet, but I am now over Canadian soil. It has been just over 7 weeks since I left, and damn I am happy to return.

I have come to appreciate all we are so fortunate to have as Canadians. Our education system, our medical system, our government; yes, they have flaws, but compared to what many other countries have, we need to be grateful. Instead of complaining and being petulant, we need to be honest about the greatness and then strive to improve the weaknesses.

I still have a bit of time before I reach Toronto, then about two hours till my fast flight to Saint John. I am so happy to be soon home, so grateful for what I have experienced, and so motivated to continue improving my life and seizing the day.

Namaste, friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment